Information Needed to File a Claim Without Using the GCP Claim Form
Claimants are not required to use the GCP Claim Form so long as they provide the following information:
- The name and address of the claimant
- The address to which the claimant desires notices be sent
- The date, place and other circumstances which gave rise to the claim asserted
- A general description of the loss incurred
- The name or names of the public employee or employees causing the loss, if known
- The amount claimed, including any estimated amount of prospective loss, together with the basis of computation for those amounts. If the amount claimed and/or the prospective loss is unknown, the claimant shall state whether those amounts are believed to exceed $25,000.00.
The claim shall be signed by the claimant or by some person on his/her behalf.
The claim must be filed with the Government Claims Program along with a $25.00 claim filing fee or a completed Government Claims Program Fee Waiver Request Packet.
Completed claims must be delivered or mailed to:
California Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board
Government Claims Division
P.O. Box 3035
Sacramento, CA 95812-3035